Monday, February 25, 2008

Movie Knitting

My treat to myself for surviving last week's three tests was watching the Oscars. No homework during commercials, just my stash shawl.

Say what you like about awards being fixed (which they are, or Pirates would've won for Best Special Effects. I mean come on--the effects in The Golden Compass even looked fake in the trailers. I digress...), but you have to admit: those Hollywood types put on a good show.

Here's where I stand with the Patternless Stash Shawl. I like to think that it's less visually assaulting than Mrs. Day-Lewis' dress.



In the picture, it looks diminutive and benign. In actuality, the top is six feet across, and just the weight of it in my lap was enough to keep me warm in my icebox, I mean bedroom, while reading this morning.

No comments: