Friday, March 13, 2009

Better with a Story

My thumb's all better, and my mood, too! I'm giving credit for the latter to a quirky book I found at work--The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

Hermanita's gift is done--on time!--and now I'm casting about for the perfect new project. (I didn't have time to block the lavender demon, so the reveal will have to wait.)

While I was waiting for my thumb to feel better, I banged out a floppy potholder/trivet with some ancient yarn recently reclaimed from a shawl.



The pattern comes from Weekend Knits, via an old copy of Interweave Knits. I adjusted the pattern a bit to accomodate a bulky yarn, and it was a good instant gratification project, but not exactly what I was looking for.

Now I'm trying a pair of Latvian Socks, from my all-time favorite sock book, Folk Socks. Erm. I guess I should've expected this with fingering weight yarn and size 0 needles, but they're going a bit slow.

The search for the perfect project (as of now) continues....

No comments: