Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Second Chart


I'm into the second chart & final of Haruni & I can't put it down. Being home sick is allowing me to indulge in my lace mania, but even if I was out & about I'd be tempted to sneak it out of my back & work one more repeat, then another, and another. There is something thrilling about switching from the soothing monotony (or boring repetition, depending on how fast you memorized the pattern) of the body pattern to another, more complex pattern which--miraculously!--lines up with the body pattern, growing imperceptibly out of it. And too, the final chart is usually longer, with less repetition, so each row brings something different & thrilling. With Haruni, I can't wait to get to the delicate lattice between each leaf tip. A FO post is on the horizon!

No comments: