Friday, June 3, 2011

In Motion!

Good news: I am out of my knitty funk! The body of the neverending summer bolero is off the needles, and there are two new projects in the works and skimming along.

Here's how it happened:



Mousie and I, with Querido & Co., took a train tip. Oh, how I love trains. If the private shower wasn't in the same cubicle as the shower and the windows actually opened, they would be pure heaven. I brought along a pair of Oak Ribbed Socks to knit on, and it was just the thing. No documentation, but I have high hopes of showing off a finished pair by next week...



We delighted in the cool, rainy-ness of the Pacific Northwest... (that's Portland's Union Station, under a fine drizzle)



And the complement of elegant old buildings in our destination of Seattle.



I made the mistake of taking Querido, who is not at all good at reasoning me out of buying yarn, to So Much Yarn, and, big surprise, I came back with so much yarn. Three skeins of the fabled Dream in Color Smooshy, plus three more of Classic Elite's Silky Alpaca Lace... I am feeling a shawl kick coming on.

No comments: