Saturday, March 15, 2008

Beware the Ides of March

And also knitting with Bamboo on dpns.

My current (secret) stash project involves some leftovers from a stole I made out of Southwest Trading Company's Bamboo, worked in the round on dpns. I thought it would be perfect out and about knitting--just round and round, no pattern to speak of--but I was sadly mistaken.

Every time I pull it out of my bag, several stitches have managed to slip off the ends of one needle or another. Or all three. I went up to four needles from three to mitigate the travel damage, even though I don't like the way that configuration fits in my hand (not stable enough). Unfortunately, the improvement is minor.

The irony here is that the bamboo yarn is on bamboo needles--supposedly less slippery than metal. I shudder to think what my project would look like if I had attempted the metal ones.

In spite of all the Bamboo yarn's efforts, I am progressing. Slowly, unused stash yarn is being transformed into Useful Objects. That's another of my...issues. I can not stand making Useless Objects. But that's a story for another entry.

No comments: