Thursday, March 6, 2008

I Witness the Fall of Modern Civilization

I spend most of my afternoons in the university library, doing homework to kill time before my evening class. Most days I can get a coffee in before I head over there, but today my schedule was all mussed about, and I arrived at the library before I had gotten through the foam atop my latte. Rather than chug it, I went to Circulation to ask them if there was anyplace I could stick it while I grabbed the one book I needed.

"Just take it with you," the girl behind the desk told me, as if I were being ridiculous.

Millions of dollars worth of books, not to mention all the computer equipment, and they're going to let any and every undergrad traipse about with brimming Grande hot vanilla lattes?

The world is most definitely going to the dogs.

No comments: